Protein is an essential micro-nutrient that is necessary for everyone like a regular working human needs at least 1 gram/kg body weight or those who are doing extracurricular activities, needs 2 gram/kg body weight. Proteins are naturally found in vegetarian and non-vegetarian food sources. Proteins are constructed with small molecules named amino acids that are allied together like a rope. Here my focus on most commonly found cost-effective protein rich food:-
List Of Protein Rich Food
I am describing the top ten protein-rich food, readily available, profitable foods below.
|Food source||Protein quantity in GM||Price in INR||Amount per serving GM|
|1. Soy Chunks||25||10-12||50|
|4. Egg Whites||16-20||20-25||4 -piece|
|5. Milk||18-20||20-25||500 ml|
|7. Chicken Breast||40-50||40-50||100|
There are a large number of green vegetables which are also rich in protein sources like spinach, asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower also contain 2-3 grams of protein per 100-gram servings. Our body needs protein in large amounts for building muscle, your skin, and hair health or also have participation in enzymes production and hormone synthesis.
People mostly confused over protein, fats, and carbs, but all want to eat more protein as compared to others. Generally, people want to consume more protein to avoid vitamin deficiency and gain lean muscle. When you want to drop weight and or gain lean muscle, then protein is needed in large quantities. Proteins are hard to digest, so eat only after knowing your body requirements.
The influence of protein on your body
Protein is necessary for every cell in your body as it helps in hair growth, and nails are mostly made up of proteins. The body requires protein every day for every cell and tissue repair and muscle growth. The body consumes protein in the synthesis of hormones, enzymes, and body fluids.
Protein is building blocks of skin, blood, bone health, hair, and nails. Protein is another vital macronutrient along with carbohydrates and fats; the body needs in the large amount for optimal growth. On the other hand, the body demands more protein than any other macronutrient because the organization doesn’t store protein like fats and carbohydrates.
Protein requirement based on activity
- Every regular employee needs about 1gm/kg body weight of protein to fulfill his daily protein requirement.
- Ordinary housewife requires 30-50 grams of protein a day to live better.
- Active players and bodybuilders require much protein as compared to a healthy working people.
- Weightlifters and global athletes have advised taking 150-200 grams of lean protein a day.
High protein foods to fulfill the daily protein requirement
- Animal foodstuffs like meat, chicken breast, fish (white), egg whites, and dairy products as low-fat milk, paneer, and yogurt.
- Some plants and herbs are also rich in protein content as fresh broccoli, green peas, soy chunks, spinach, and asparagus.
- Maximum proteins are majorly found in animal products like red meats and poultry products, as all should contain some chickens and egg whites in their daily meals.
- Animal proteins are higher in protein concentration as some nuts and seeds like nuts and seeds like almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds.
When people memorize protein-rich foods, fruits rarely come in their minds as some fruits are rich in protein contents along with essential vitamins. The only worry about consuming fruits in place of animal and plant products is high in carbs. Fruits like apricots, jackfruit, cherries, guava, and raisins are rich in protein quantity along with all essential minerals.