In today’s world, three out of ten couples are infertile for various reasons, and only male infertility is responsible for 40% of that. There are countless other causes responsible for infertility, such as irregular sperm morphology, PH chromosomal abnormalities, and genetic mutations. About 200-500 million sperm come out in each ejaculation, with fructose, water, proteins, and enzymes. Sperm are generally comprised of three parts: the head, the middle piece, and the tail region. The first part of the oval head is named the acrosome, which carries enzymes. Behind the acrosome, there is a nucleus that carries 23 male chromosomes.
Find the best sexologist in Gurgaon where you can get leading treatment facilities under one roof. Get professional guidance from trained male sexual health experts. These new age clinics are equipped with state-of-the-art health equipment. Here, a multidisciplinary approach is applied to improve the lifestyle and promote awareness about male sexual health.
Male Infertility Disorders: According To The Sperm Abnormalities
- Low-quality sperm count (minimum 15million per ml according to WHO) measured as oligozoospermia.
- The sperm count of less than 40% is called asthenozoospermia (WHO 2010).
- Morphology below four is observed as teratozoospermia (irregular shape).
- Many other severe disorders are termed as cryptozoospermia for only 1 or 2 sperms,
- Azoospermia for no sperm and aspermia for no semen after ejaculation (according to WHO report).
- Semen volume above 5 ml per ejaculation is called as hyperspermia (more than usual).
- Low semen volume (less than 1.5ml) designated as hyperspermia (lower than normal range)
Male infertility causes
Semen examination is the word used for finding sperm quality and quantity with the help of a microscope and some other like vitality test for sperm morphology. Numerous aspects are guilty of semen irregularities like hormonal imbalance, chromosomal defects, environmental factors, excessive drug use, alcohol use, smoking, depression, and weight gain. To elude these things, you should take care of your sexual health with some easy advice.
Simple tips to increase your sperm count and natural infertility treatment
- Just 30 minutes of regular exercise can help you to produce healthy sperm.
- Reduce your stress by doing some yoga and mind relaxing exercise.
- Quit smoking and reduce alcohol consumption because excess alcohol intake can kill your healthy sperm.
- Add some calcium-rich food, increase antioxidant-rich food, reduce trans-fat from your diet, and replace it with a healthy fat.
- Include zinc-rich food and vitamin c into your daily feed.
- Expose at least 10 minutes in the sunlight to gain vitamin-D.
Treatment of male infertility
Here are some superfoods that can help you in regain sperm quality
- Eggs– Eggs are well-known for a great option to increase sperm count naturally. Egg yolk has the best fat, which is essential for healthy sperm production.
- Spinach and all other leafy vegetables are full of vitamins, fibers, and folic acid, which helps to reduce cholesterol.
- Bananas are considered wonder food on the earth as it is filled with vitamin A, B, and C, that helps your body to harvest healthy sperms.
- Dark chocolate comprises an amino-acid called L-arginine, which is well-known to be valuable in growing semen count and regaining volume.
- Walnuts are another superfood that is full of omega-3-fatty-acid, which raises blood flow to the testicles. It also contains arginine that, too, is beneficiary to increase in semen volume.
- Pomegranates are not only a delicious food item, besides it is known to be rich in zinc which benefits in improving semen volume and sperm concentration.
- Zinc-rich foods as red meat, beans, and green peas are rich in zinc concentration that plays an active role in semen growth.
Medical Male infertility treatments
Medical treatments like IUI, IVF, ICSI, and TESA are some lesser-known techniques in the treatment of male infertility.
IUI– Intrauterine insemination- it is one of the best non-surgical and inexpensive fertility treatments. In the process, about 2ml seminal fluid is washed with the sperm wash media and recover. Some good quality sperm with high motility are loaded in an IUI catheter will be then inserted directly into the uterus. This process increases the chance of conception and only takes a few minutes to complete.
IVF- In vitro fertilization- is a complicated procedure to treat infertility assist in conception. In this process, matured eggs and sperms are collected in the embryology lab to make an embryo. Then embryos are directly transferred to the uterus. It takes a little more time than IUI.