Intermittent fasting is an eating approach that rotates between phases of fasting and eating. In a 24 hour cycle, you have to follow the 16/8 method for fasting and eating. Which includes your food intake to 8 hours duration per day, and rest 18 hours in starving. In this lifestyle of eating, you limit your daily calorie consumption to 500–600 calories 2-4 days a week. You have to choose your desired time for eating and fasting as per your convenience. However, try to consume food in the day time and fasting in less busy times.
How it effects on your body- Intermittent fasting limits the time you are permitted to eat, which is a simple and safest way to reduce your calorie intake and result in weight loss. You have to keep in mind one thing that you do not eat too big meals during permissible eating hours.
How much you can lose- researches proved that intermittent fasting was able to lose 3–8% total body weight in 3–24 weeks, which is an excellent percentage in such an easy way where you do not need to sweat. In the starving period, the body uses stored fat for primary energy source when feels low calorie.
Other things happen in intermittent fasting
- Some other reports also suggest that intermittent fasting can boost fat burning, although preserving muscle mass at the same time.
- This way also improves your immunity and do not store any fat because of low-calorie intake.
- Intermittent fasting improves anti-ageing effects, raise insulin sensitivity, upgrade mind health, and many other benefits like improving skin and hair health.
- By applying intermittent fasting, you can lower the blood sugar level most efficiently and safely.
- You can achieve more benefits only when consulting a dietitian.
Benefits of following intermittent fasting
- It can low blood pressure
- Lower cholesterol level when combining some exercise
- Boost brain function and ability to think
- Protect from various types of cancers.
- Increase the body’s ability to fight with age-related issues.
- Prevent from heart-stroke and cardiovascular diseases.